AfterSchool Academy (ASA) helps parents prepare their children for success in academics and life. Our Tutoring, Advancement and other programs improve grades, study habits and learning satisfaction.
ASA provides a customized learning environment for students seeking an edge:
- Tutoring by Credentialed Teachers for students in grades K-12,
- Homework Help and Test Preparation,
- Study and Organizational Skills,
- AfterSchool Advancement Program for students in grades 3 – 9.
What makes AfterSchool Academy different:
- In-person assessment meeting with the classroom teacher,
- Coordination and communication between 1) the classroom 2) home and 3) the Academy,
- Advancement Plan for each student aligns with school expectations and standards,
- No contracts.
Custom Tutoring Program
We are different from most tutoring services or learning centers:
- All our tutors have a CA Teaching Credential and classroom experience in the relevant subject,
- All our tutors are supervised, W-2 employees of ASA, not independent contractors,
- Each tutoring plan is aligned with the classroom teacher's requirements and curricula,
- Our Director meets face-to-face with the student's teacher and continues communication and coordination.
The program begins with a formal academic assessment of your child using the most respected resources and testing tools. An interview with the parent and child and a discussion of goals and objectives follows. Next, Salli Ford, the Academy Director, meets with the teacher for a face-to-face assessment. Salli seeks to build a relationhip with the teacher for ongoing input, coordination and alignment with expectations and standards. Throughout this process, the Academy' staff follows and updates a personal Custom Advancement Plan (CAP) tailored to your child’s needs.
The Academy’s Advancement Program offers Decompression time, Homework Help, Mastering Core Subjects, and a session we call "Explore, Challenge, Learn" which includes structured, supervised use of the best technology (1:1 iPads for regular students) and proven educational apps and internet tools to help your child excel academically.
For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact
Salli Ford, Founder/Director at
We look forward to serving your family!
"Salli and the whole team at AfterSchool Academy are excellent at what they do. When my son needed the-one on-one attention of a tutor they came through. Their staff really gets to know each student and parent personally, so they tailored their approach directly to my child's needs. I feel so fortunate to have found a tutoring center where my son can thrive and is excited to go to his sessions with his wonderful tutor!"
Alison, Parent of ASA student